Thursday, February 28, 2008

"BIG" Personal Goals For The Year 2008

The months ahead in this year 2008 are going to be challenging ones for me as I aim to achieve several "BIG" personal goals (in addition to the "BIG" work related goals), which are going to play key roles in determining the events that will unfold for me in the year 2009. I hope by writing them here in the blog, I will be able to remind myself about them from time to time, keep focus and eventually achieve them.

Below is my "BIG" personal goal list, in no particular order:

1) Complete my PhD qualifying exam (PQE)
2) Complete my PhD thesis
3) Complete a review paper on pathogen diversity
4) Complete the DENV1 paper
5) Publish the pan-DENV paper
6) Master basic Shell scripting and basic Perl programming
7) Attend at-least one dengue-related conference to present my research work

Below I organize the list in chronological order of the month they should be completed.
  • March 08
    • Publish the pan-DENV paper
    • Complete my PhD qualifying exam (PQE)
  • April 08
    • Complete a review paper on pathogen diversity
  • July 08
    • Complete the DENV1 paper
  • September 08
    • Complete my PhD thesis
  • October 08
    • Attend at-least one dengue-related conference to present my research work
  • November 08
    • Master basic Shell scripting and basic Perl programming

Here's wishing myself good luck!!!

No comments: