Monday, July 28, 2008

You can right-click in Mac!

I used to be one of those who used to think that there was no right-clicking function in Mac, and this was one of the reasons that kept me away from Mac for many years. I noticed that I was not alone into thinking this, most Windows users thought the same and still do. Luckily this stopped for me when a friend showed me how one can get the right-click function in Mac. Having been a mac user for almost 3 months now and liking it a lot, it really frustrates me now when I meet people (usually Windows users) who discourage other people from buying/experiencing Mac by saying that it does not have the right-click function. I do correct them whenever I can. But, I think Apple should seriously highlight this basic feature in their marketing ads or campaings under "reasons to buy a Mac" in order to enjoy wider presence and bigger pie of the personal computer market.

To right-click on a Mac, while using Leopard or Windows on Boot Camp:
  • Using a Mighty Mouse, click the upper-right side of the mouse.
  • Using a trackpad, place two fingers on the trackpad and click the trackpad button.

No comments: